Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
These are mostly shots taken during my annual pilgrimages back to the UK to photograph the many preserved railways operating steam traction. My fascination with these beasts goes back to the days of my youth when we would travel the country "trainspotting" before the demise of steam on British Rail. This year I will actually get to drive one so watch this space for pictures.
Although my main interest is in British steam, I do occasionally let my standards drop and shoot foreign breeds, one or two of which I may include at some point.
1. UK steam. Updated July 2006.
2. A random selection of shots of preserved railways and museums around the world. New May 2006.
3. New July 2007. During a recent trip, which included Colorado, we took the opportunity to ride the Durango & Silverton Railroad. Even if you are not a railroad buff, this is a great day trip. The scenery is fantastic and Silverton has some great places for lunch.
4. New June 2009. Coverage of a steam rail excursion on the Settle-Carlisle line behind L.M.S. Jubilee class 6P number 5690, Leander.
5. New June 2009. The Eastleigh Centenarian steam excursion with S.R. Merchant Navy Class number 35028 Clan Line from Waterloo to Eastleigh for the Eastleigh 100 Open House.
6. New July 2009. The project to re-streamline L.M.S. Princess Coronation Class number 6229, Duchess of Hamilton, was finally completed in May 2009 when it was delivered to the National Railway Museum in York for permanent display. Now the question everyone wants answered is "when will it be returned to action?"